- Matthew Redinbo, PhD
Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer
- Dr. Redinbo is the inventor of Symberix's technology licensed from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 25 years of experience in biochemistry, structural and chemical biology. Dr. Redinbo is the Kenan Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Genomics at UNC, Chapel Hill.
Ward Peterson, PhD
Co-founder & President
- Dr. Peterson has 16 years experience in pharma R&D—drug discovery to Phase 3 studies involving multiple targets and therapeutic areas. His previous employment was with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Inspire Pharmaceuticals (Research Scientist to Senior VP). .
Brian Taubenheim, MBA, PMP
VP, Corporate Development and Operations
- Mr. Taubenheim has 17 years experience in fine chemicals and biotechnology operations, sales and marketing, business development, and program management. Mr. Taubenheim has led multiple programs in diverse therapeutic areas from lead candidate to commericalization in the US and foreign markets. He has secured over $22M in contracts and collaborative funding from US Government sources.
- Kay Wagoner, PhD (Business/Strategic )
- President, Wagoner Discovery and Development Consulting, LLC
- Life Science Entrepreneur in Residence (Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network)
- Bert O'Neil, MD (Medical )
- Joseph W. and Jackie J. Cusick Professor of Oncology (Indiana University School of Medicine)
- Sridhar Mani, MD (Medical/Scientific)
- Professor of Medicine and Genetics (Albert Einstein School of Medicine)
- Urs Boelsterli, PhD (Scientific)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Endowed Chair in Mechanistic Toxicology (University of Connecticut)
- Merril Mason (Legal)
- Partner (Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan, LLP)